Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, March 13, 2015

What's To This Daylight Savings Time? --Part 1

From the March 8, 2015, Chicago Tribune "Frankly, there's more to daylight saving time than loss of sleep" by Michael Muskal.

Personally, I really like daylight saving time and would like it just to go on year-round.  But, as I get older, that loss of an hour, gaining of an hour doesn't help my sleep patters.

Daylight saving time returned at 2 a.m. Sunday when the time magically jumped ahead an hour.  Some folks believe that we are actually adding daylight hours.  "What is changing is how society organizes itself to take advantage of sunlight."

Benjamin Franklin usually receives credit (or blame) as a way to save money on candles  From Paris, he wrote in 1794: "If I had not been awakened so early in the morning I should have slept six hours longer by the light of the sun, and in exchange have lived six  hours the following night by candlelight; the latter being a much more expensive light than the former."  (I'm not exactly sure what this has to do with it.)

More Daylight Coming, Maybe.  --RoadDog

No comments: