Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Death of Chicago's "Mr. A" in 2004

I was very sad to find out that one of my favorite DJs, Alfred Hudgins who called himself "Mr. A" died at age 75 back in 2004.  I had been looking for him after finding an old cassette tape I had made of his show.

He ran a long-running overnight blues and R&B show on classical music station WNIB in Chicago until it was sold in 2001.

He then hosted a morning blues show on WNDZ AM 750 until he had to sign off due to health issues.

I used to record his show when I got up in the middle of the night and then listen to it later.

He sure played some great music.

Goodbye, "Mr. A."  --RoadDog

1 comment:

digimon said...

He is and will be missed.