Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, May 13, 2016

The Carnival Did It Again!!

Today, Liz and I had our visit to the dentist in Round Lake Beach, Illinois.  We had heard that the weather this weekend was going to drop down to the 50s with a cold wind making it feel much worse, as well as rain.

I dropped Liz off and drove over to Big Lots and what did I see?  Why, the infamous Round Lake Spring Carnival was set up in the open land next to it.

Well, that would explain the lousy weather.  Every year, we get crummy weather during the several days it is open.  This week is no different.  And, i heard the weather wasn't great last weekend, but I wasn't here.

It has been bad ever since I was a Round Lake Area Jaycee back in 1977 and we hosted it.  I worked in the a ticket booth and the temperature was in the 80s and sunny when I got there.  Within an hour, it was 50 degrees and a blustery north wind making it miserable.

Someone's Got To Do Something About That Carnival!!  --RoadCold

No comments: