Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, May 16, 2016

N.C. Spring Trip 2016-- Part 1: Clear Ride Through

APRIL 29, FRIDAY

I took the usual drive to North Carolina.  Illinois-120 to Illinois-47, to I-74, to I-70.

Sadly, Illinois-47 has built up so fast that it takes a lot longer to drive it, but at least they are finished doing the road work in Yorkville.  Now the mess is north of Morris.

It may be spring, but it sure is cold right now.  Global warming my foot.

I found another Hardee's in Illinois at the Love's Truck Stop in Dwight, near the old Route 66 bypass.

Unfortunately, leaving as late as I did, 9:45, that meant I would hit Indianapolis right at rush hour (with the loss of the hour going to Eastern Time Zone).  I went through the middle of it and was lucky as there were just a couple slow-downs to 20 mph, but the rest was clear-sailing.

Then I-70 to Dayton, Ohio, and a stop for my Cincinnati Chili fix at Skyline Chili.

Stopped at a Motel 6 in Springfield, Ohio.

--RoadDog

No comments: