Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, April 16, 2021

About That Almost Perfect Game That I Saw at Comiskey Park in 1983-- Part 1

In 1983, a buddy of mine and I bought a special White Sox ticket package where we got to see 20 games during the season, plus were guaranteed tickets to the 1983 All-Star game which was held at Comiskey and also we had tickets to any post season games (and that turned out to be a real good buy because the Sox did go to the playoffs before they broke my heart, but that is another story).

Anyway, Wednesday I was thinking about that game for some reason earlier in the day while I was online and I did a search and found a great account of the game.  "Remembering Milt Wilcox's Near-Perfect  Game in 1983" by Dan Holmes in Vintage Detroit Collection.  That sure brought the memories back to an April freezing night some 38 years earlier.

As a matter of fact, this magical game was on April 15, 1983.  Carlos Rodon's was on April 14, 2021.

Coincidence?

Yep, this was another near-perfect game and back then it was for Detroit pitcher Milt Wilcox against my beloved Sox.  From the 7th inning on, I became a big Detroit fan, especially for a guy named Milt.

--RoadMilt


No comments: