Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, April 25, 2021

I'm Not Even Going to Watch the Academy Awards Tonight

And, there is a clear reason for it.  I haven't seen any new movies since February 2020.  And, there is a reason for that, too.  Enough said.

Normally, I will have seen at least five or six of the movies nominated as well as the other Oscars.  It makes it more fun when you can cheer for "your" movie.  Not so much fun if you don't have "your" movie to cheer for.

However, even without you-know-what, it is getting more difficult to see the movies these days.  

My biggest problems are movies that are only shown on streaming services like Netflix and others and the fact that so many nominated movies were just limited release.  It's difficult to see a movie if it is only out for a week or less.

Thankfully, my two local theater chains, Classic Cinemas and Regal Cinemas are nice enough to show many nominees in the month leading up to the Academy Awards Show so I di get the chance to see them.  And, I pretty much always agree with the people who pick the finalists.  Those shows nominated are very good movies.

So, I am not going to watch the awards tonight.

--RoadNo


No comments: