Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, April 19, 2021

WLS Top Ten for Week of April 19, 1971: 'Joy to the World'

These were the songs on Chicago's WLS, 890 AM exactly fifty years ago.  That's half of a century for those of you counting.

1.  JOY TO THE WORLD--  Three Dog Night

2.  I AM ... I SAID--  Neil Diamond

3.  I PLAY & SING--  Dawn

4.  IF--    Bread

5.  ME AND YOU AND A DOG NAMED BOO--  Lobo

6.  SHE'S A LADY--  Tom Jones

7.  NEVER CAN SAY GOODBYE--  Jackson Five 

8.  PUT YOUR HAND IN THE HAND--  Ocean

9.  STAY AWHILE--  Bells

10.   EIGHTEEN--  Alice Cooper

********************************

DEBUTS

27.  I LOVE YOU FOR ALL SEASONS--  Fuzz

28.  TREAT HER LIKE A LADY--  Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose

29.  REACH OUT AND I'LL BE THERE--  Diana Ross

30.  I'LL MEET YOU HALFWAY--  Partridge Family

*********************************

HIT BOUND

LOVE'S MADE A FOOL OF YOU--  Cochise

WANT ADS--  Honey Cone

BROWN SUGAR--  Rolling Stones

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "I Remember To This Day, The Bright Red Georgia Clay."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Me and You and a Dog Named Boo"


No comments: