Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, April 10, 2021

WLS Top 30 for Week of April 12, 1971-- Part 2: 'Power to the People'

25  *I DON'T BLAME YOU AT ALL--  Smokey Robinson & the Miracles      #18   I don't remember hearing it, but a great song.  Follow up to "Tears of a Clown."

24.  *WILD WORLD--  Cat Stevens     #11     One of my all-time favorites.  My intro to the Cat.  But, did he so "Wild" or "Wide"?    Brings back memories of my time at the University of Georgia.

23.  POWER TO THE PEOPLE--  John Lennon      #11   An organizing song?

22.  LOVE STORY (WHERE DO I BEGIN)--   Andy Williams     #9     Sap on Sap.  

21.  WE CAN WORK IT OUT--  Stevie Wonder     #13    Soulifying the Beatles and doing a great job.

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "Now That I've Lost Everything To You.  You Say You Wanna Start Something New."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Wild World"


No comments: