Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

WLS Top 30 for Week of April 12, 1971-- Part 5, the Top Ten: 'Just My Imagination'

Fifty Years Ago.  

*  means it was climbing the charts.  The Number after the artist is how high it got on the Billboard Hot 100.

10.  *ME AND YOU AND A DOG NAMED BOO--  Lobo    #5      Always reminds me of "Me and Bobby McGee"

9. *IF--  Bread   #4

8.  ANOTHER DAY--  Paul McCartney    #5    His first solo hit.

7.  *I PLAY & SING--  Dawn     #25       I don't remember this one at all.

6.  JUST MY IMAGINATION--  Temptations    #1

5.  L.A. GOODBYE--  Ides of March    #73    WLS again pushing the local bands.

4.  *JOY TO THE WORLD--  Three Dog Night     #1

3.  *I AM... I SAID--  Neil Diamond    #4

2.  *EIGHTEEN--  Alice Cooper    #21   His first hit.

1.  SHE'S A LADY--  Tom Jones    #2

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog, Was A Good Friend Of Mine."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Joy to the World"


No comments: