Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Bah Humbug Here on Pine Street


I don't know exactly what happened to the Christmas spirit here on my street, or at least what happened to the outside decorations. At one time, just about every house was ablaze from one end to another as well as all over the yards.

This especially applied to my neighbor Juan who moved in the year after us. That first year, I held my own with him decorating. It got to be sort of like Home Improvement's Tim Taylor and his competition. But, by the second Christmas season, he buried me. I surrendered and let him have the decorating crown for the block and was content to be second best.

However, the last three years he has put less and less up. And this year I see nothing.

My neighbor Dan across the street also had lights all over as well as reindeer and a sled on his roof. But, Not No More. He has a Christmas tree in the window, but that's it.

Perhaps, it is advancing age. I notice that ladder climbing isn't as easy anymore. Maybe, it's the increased electric rates? Maybe the spirit just isn't there anymore?

Anyway, old Pine just isn't as colorful anymore. However, the next street over to the south, Elm, is a Christmas wonderland.

My Stocking Hat is Off to Elm, No Longer a Nightmare. --RoadDog

No comments: