Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Just Some Stuff-- More Snow--Day-After Shopping--Randhurst--NTN


Just Some Stuff--JSS:

1. Received about a half-inch of snow last night. That's not much, but after the mess from Dec. 1st, I'm out soon to clear even this little amount off. No more chopping ice for me, I'll leave it to the icebreakers.

Real bad news, Liz just told me, as did that confounded chirping Weather Bug, that we have 5-7 inches of that white stuff scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Dadburn snowmobilers. Hope they're happy. They should have to come over and clear off my driveway and sidewalk before they go out and have their fun.

2. Went out Day-After Christmas Shopping yesterday. I wasn't the only one. Big crowds, especially at Wal-Mart. Then there were the lines waiting to check out. Fortunately I found a check out back by the record/electronic department with no one in line.

Hard to beat those half-prices Christmas items. Bought some red and white rope lights for use on the pillars next year. Also bought some button lights for the Christmas village under the main tree.

Saw some other neat stuff, including those new Christmas trees with the white ball lights that change colors synchronized to music. Those were neat, but I managed to avoid buying them. We have way too much Christmas Stuff already.

3. We're getting ready to make one last visit to Randhurst Mall in Mt. Prospect, Illinois, later this afternoon. This mall was built in 1962, and was a major hang-out for Liz and myself during high school and college. That applied to most high schoolers and young folks in Chicago's Northwest Suburbs. It will be torn down after the start of the new year because of declining business.

4. I'm almost ready to crack the 3 million mark in NTN at Hello Folks with 2,998,500 points. I Play NTN Way Too Much, but enjoy it, so reckon I'll continue. I use the Roadog handle there as you can only get six letters in your handle. Meanwhile, at Donovan's Reef, in Twin Lakes, Wi, Parrot is getting close to ten million points. This was my very first of my many handles.

NTN stands for National Trivia Network. It also goes by the word Buzztime now.

Sure Gonna Miss Randhurst. --RoadDog

No comments: