Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Happy Dec. 1st --Snowstorm and Ice?


Liz said we had a big storm last Dec. 1st, about ten inches, but I wasn't here, just enjoying 75 degree weather down at Topsail Beach, NC. Unfortunately, this year, I'm here. Guess where I'd rather be? I'd say we have a two inch accumulation right now at 2:09.

They've been predicting this all week. Normally I find weather forecasts pretty accurate when they are calling for bad weather. It started snowing about 11:15 AM and immediately stuck to paved surfaces. It usually melts for awhile before doing the mean thing (sticking). It's supposed to turn to sleet and ice a little later.

Wouldn't it be great if snow would only fall on places that didn't need to be shoveled or driven on? Someone should pass a law or something. I know snowmobilers are getting all excited and expect to be hearing some in the not too distant future. We're located by several trails. In a fair world, they should have to clear off my driveway and sidewalks before they get to go out and enjoy themselves.

I'm not real fond of driving when the roads have snow on them.

Stuck in the House. --RoadDog



No comments: