Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, December 14, 2007

The Fed-Ex Guy Thinks I'm Crazy


Our cold wave continues and is forecast calls for it to stay sub-freezing until next week.

Anyway, when we were iced in this past Tuesday, I decided to replace a timer out on the front porch that wasn't turning the Christmas lights on and off in a timely manner.

I was in my athletic shorts and tee-shirt and too lazy to put on a pair of pants so went out to change the timer. There was ice, but the temperature was 30 degrees and no wind so wasn't too bad. Plus, it would only take about a minute.

Wouldn't you know it, the Fed-Ex guy picked that very moment to pull up. The first words out of his mouth were, "Are you crazy."

The sad thing was that I had just given my neighbor Dan across the street the same treatment this past weekend when he did a similar outdoor trip. Payback, I reckon.

Perhaps I Was and Still Am. --RoadDog

No comments: