Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Academy Awards Quest Continues

I couldn't believe it when they posted the nominees for Best Picture and I hadn't seen any of the five. Last year, I saw more new movies than most people, 37, but not one of them was nominated.

I decided to see the five and now am missing just one, Juno.

Last Friday, I saw Michael Clayton and No Country for Old Men.

Thursday, I saw Atonement and There Will Be Blood. All of these were at the Regal Cinemas in Round Lake Beach, which has 18 screens. Unfortunately, their matinee prices are $6.50 and $7. My usual main place to see movies is at General Cinema in Fox Lake where matinees are $5.

Atonement had quite the surprise ending, although I figured out the real culprit when the shameful act took place. The movie was against the backdrop of WWII and Dunkirk.

There Will be Blood was about the early days of our oil industry when the profit motive reigned. I guess things just don't change, right Exxon? All I can say is not to get Daniel Day Lewis mad at you as his "brother" and the preacher found out.

Four Down, One to Go. --RoadDog

No comments: