Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Getting Nailed by Snow, Snow, and More SNOW!!!!

I just came in from using the snowblower on some of the most wicked snow I've ever had the joy of knowing or playing in its luxuriant whiteness.

That stuff is HEAVY and coming down very hard. Usually around here, the snow comes in from the west, but this is from the east and often the northeast. That makes it worse as the house faces north, so it was coming right back in my face.

I'd say we had about two inches yesterday afternoon, then sleet off and on last night. There was another four inches that fell this morning.

It's still snowing hard, and we're forecast to have another six inches and possibly ten!!

Weather reports say this is the fourth heaviest snowfall in the Chicagoland area in the last 25 years. And that was three snowfalls ago.

Thursday, we were supposed to get about two inches by the Wisconsin border. We got six inches. Then Sunday evening we had a surprise snowfall of about five inches. I had to go out in it to get some more gas for the snowblower and slipped all the way to the station.

Before driving to Frances' funeral Monday morning, I had to get the ol' snowblower out. Then it rained hard for most of the service both at the funeral home and cemetery.

Where are those lousy snowmobilers when they should be out here clearing my DRIVEWAY!!!

And I'm NOT Even Going to Talk About that Snow by the Street!! --RoadDog

No comments: