Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Quite the Winter--Snow and POTHOLES!!!!

This has been, and still is, one of our worst winters. Not only have we gotten more snow than usual, but this is the worst time of potholes I've ever seen.

SNOW

This past Wednesday, it snowed pretty much all day. I had to clear off the driveway three times with considerable accumulations. The Village of Spring grove finally gave up on plowing our subdivision streets and there had to be 8 inches out there.

I'm guessing we had a total of 14 inches. The official Woodstock measure was 14 inches, and that is near here. Thank goodness for snowblowers!!!

No snow after 6 pm, but Thursday morning, I had to go back out and clear about two feet of snowplowed snow off the foot of the driveway. Thursday, I drove to Round Lake Beach and found all the roads to be somewhat difficult because of snow still on them. Rollins Road in RLB was almost impassable. Turning into any business parking lot was dangerous and I saw a lot of cars stuck.

Some of the snow on the roads was packed down and driving was rough!!! to say the least.

Then, There are the POTHOLES!!! Cost me $49!!!!

This freeze, sub-zero, and 50 degree weather is wrecking havoc on our roads. Rand Road and Cedar Lake Road are especially bad for them. In places, you can't simply go around the potholes wothout hitting others.

A pothole in RLB cost me $49. Thursday, as I was leaving the Regal Cinemas, I got stuck in a pothole. Only with help from a pusher did I get out, but the Dakota's Check engine light came on and stayed on. Yesterday, I took it to it to the dealership and had it checked. All the rocking back and forth to get out of the pothole had caused the brake switch to be stuck in the off position and the connector broken. Well, at least I got a "free" carwash out of it.

Salt Shortages

Yet, another problem among the towns and villages right now is that we are running out of salt. Major conservation measures are being taken which is probably why the roads were so bad Thursday. Plus, some ne'erd0-wells are making big bucks out of the shortage. The price of road salt has almost doubled, and that is if you can get it.

As of Yet, NO snowmobilers have Come Around to Volunteer to Clear My Driveway and Sidewalks. Imagine That!!! --RoadDog

No comments: