Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, February 2, 2008

JSS- Early Spring-- More Snow-- Hope Sen. Kennedy Doesn't Endorse Me-- Clinton/Obama Ticket-- Snow Days Are No Big Deal Anymore

JSS- Just Some Stuff-- Really, not much for us to do until Monday's funeral.

1. Woodstock Willie probably didn't see his shadow. I had planned to make it out to Woodstock, Illinois, to see whether or local prognosticator predicted six more weeks of winter. He was pulled out of his stump at 7:07 a.m. and whispered in the man in the top hat's ear. What Willie said is not to my knowledge. They were there, but I was in bed sawing logs.

Judging from how overcast it is here at 8:05, I would have to say he didn't see his shadow, so we will have an early spring!!! Good news, especially after you see the next entry.

2. Very snowy winter-- It snowed at least seven inches here on Thursday. The Tribune said this is the fourth snowiest winter in the last 25 years. I believe it. We'd have some really tall drifts and banks now, except every so often we get 40 degree plus days and everything melts.

Snowmobilers are very happy, however. We usually only have three to five days of decent snowmobiling around here anymore. I still think they should have to come over and shovel my driveway and sidewalks before they go have their fun. Why should I have to suffer so they can have fun?

3. Sure Hope Sen. Ted Kennedy doesn't endorse me!!! Much to do about nothing was made a few days ago about the august senator from Massachusetts endorsing our Senator Obama for presidency. If I were Barack, I would definitely not accept it (he did). I only have one word, and it begins with "C." I just used the first letter as I can't spell it. Keep swimming away Ted!!!

4. Will it be an Obama/Clinton ticket or Clinton/Obama ticket in November? After this past week's debate between the two senators, I'm of the opinion we're either going to have an Obama/Clinton ticket or Clinton/Obama ticket this November on the Democratic side. Either way, that is a remarkable ticket, the first woman or black man (well half any way) in the White House.

5. Snow days are no big deal anymore. Yesterday, the Round Lake schools were called off because of the snow on Thursday. I was not even aware of it, nor did I listen to the radio to hear of school closings. I wonder why that is? Oh yes, I'm retired!!!!!

Just some stuff. --RoadDog

No comments: