Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Some Frances Stories --Part 1

Visit Pike's Peak, but NOT in MY CAR!!!

Frances was very proud of her 1987 Buick Century, the first and only new car she ever bought on her own.

A year later, we went with her on a trip out to Kansas to visit her childhood home and friends. We also took a side trip out to Colorado and visited Colorado Springs. Liz and I wanted to go to the top of Pike's Peak, but Frances didn't want to, so she let us take her car.

Once there, we found out that the tickets to take the tram up were sold out until late afternoon. Not wanting to wait around or come back, we decided to drive up to the top. I don't mind telling you that this was one scary drive.

When we got back, we told Frances, and she hit the roof. She shrieked, "You could have wrecked my car!!"

"But Frances, if we had wrecked your car, we could have been injured or worse."

"I don't care!! You could have wrecked my car!!"

And we were her daughter and son-in-law.

She Sure Liked that Car.

Little Old Lady from Pasadena

I'm not saying that Frances had somewhat of a leadfoot when she was driving, but you definitely wouldn't want to get in her way. Even with all that speeding, she only got one ticket that I'm aware of, and was she ever mad about that.

She came out to see me once when I was deejaying and I dedicated "Little Old Lady from Pasadena" by Jan & Dean to her. Embarrassed her a bit, I believe.

No comments: