Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, February 1, 2008

Everything Set for the Funeral-- Part 1

Yesterday, we went to Ahlgrim's Funeral Home in Palatine, Illinois, where the wake will be held. We finalized the plans with Brad, who helped us get everything set up in the pre-paid funeral we had to get in place in order for Frances to qualify for Medicaid coverage.


He used my 92nd birthday blog entry to prepare Frances' obituary.

Frances will not be happy that we included her age, but that is necessary. I sure hope she doesn't come back to get us for it. About two months ago, one of the employees at Alden Terrace had asked how old Frances was while I was there feeding her. I told her Frances was 92. Frances didn't say anything. About ten minutes later, very quietly and discreetly, Frances informed me in no uncertain terms that I was not to TELL anyone what her age was. All through her life, she wouldn't let anyone know how old she was. The most trouble Liz ever got in as a child was when she was caught with Frances' drivers license. Even at 92, she didn't want anyone to know her age. Even as I type this, I look around at every little noise. You just never know!!!

It didn't take too long as everything but the final details had been previously arranged.

No comments: