Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Bill Murray, Not That Bill Murray

While looking back at popular songs on the #1 Songs This Date, I often come across the name Bill Murray. Of course, I immediately think of the Bill Murray from Saturday Night Live and lots of movies, including "Groundhog Day," but there was an earlier Bill Murray.

The "other" Bill Murray was just as famous, but in the early decades of last century. Born 1877 and died 1954, he recorded numerous number one songs, including:

Take Me Out to the Ballgame
Alexander's Ragtime Band
In My Merry Oldsmobile
In the Good Old Summertime
I've Got Rings on My Fingers
Over There
Shine On Harvest Moon
Yankee Doodle Boy
Tipperary
Under the Anheiser Busch

Now You Know. --RoadDog



UNIVERSAL TRUTH: If you want to make sure you miss all the red lights, just start hoping to catch one so you can look at that map.

No comments: