Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Number One Songs This Date: September 1st-- Part 1

It's the beginning of the month and time to take a look at the number one songs this date On The Tens, all the way back to 1901, 110 years ago. I will do every year this date in the 60s and 50s.

Again, thanks to Josh Hosler for the list. You can find the #1s for any date at www.joshhosler.biz/NumberOneinHistory/SelectMonth.htm.


2011 LAST FRIDAY NIGHT (T.G.I.F)-- Katy Perry-- What kind of clothes were you wearing at that awards show last week?
2001 FALLIN'-- Alicia Keyes
1991 (EVERYTHING I DO) I DO FOR YOU-- Bryan Adams-- Theme from "Robin Hood"
1981 ENDLESS LOVE-- Diana Ross and Lionel Richie
1971 UNCLE ALBERT/ADMIRAL HALSEY-- Paul and Linda McCartney

1969 HONKY TONK WOMEN-- Rolling Stones-- Always reminds me of North Carolina in the summer of '69.
1968 PEOPLE GOT TO BE FREE-- Rascals
1967 ODE TO BILLY JOE-- Bobbie Gentry-- The Boy weren't no good. Country on the pop charts.

1966 SUNSHINE SUPERMAN-- Donovan
1965 HELP!-- Beatles-- From their second movie of the same name.
1964 THE HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN-- Animals-- Where was it again?
1963 MY BOYFRIEND'S BACK-- Angels-- And what kind of a vacation are you going to take?

1962 SHEILA-- Tommy Roe-- This one surprises me a bit as I thought it came out later in the decade.
1961 MICHAEL-- Highwaymen-- What was Mikey supposed to be doing?
1960 IT'S NOW OR NEVER-- Elvis Presley

The 1950s Up Next. --RoadDog


UNIVERSAL TRUTHS: Every time I see the movie "Airplane" again, I see something new.

No comments: