Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Mizzour-Rah Trip 2011-- Part 6: Looking for an Open Bar

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 11th

We love those tacos at Jack-in-the-Box. This one in Sullivan is the farthest west for them in Missouri, at least along Route 66. And 2-for-$1 is a hard deal to beat, even if you have to wait for them to be fried. I only had one taco as I also tried their Big Double Chicken combo: big double patty chicken burger, fries and drink for $3.99.

We agreed to meet up with Lulu and Barb in Litchfield, and parted after leaving Jack-in-the-Box.

Took I-44 into St. Louis, stopped for gas when I saw it at $3.20. Had all sorts of "fun" doing this. They have a different type of pump.

Got off I-55 by Mt. Olive and took 66 into Litchfield, but didn't find any open bars so back onto I-55 to Springfield. Checked into the TraveLodge and then went over to the Curve Inn.

Lulu and Barb dropped off something at Rich Henry's place in Staunton, Illinois, and stopped to eat at the Ariston in Litchfield. They joined us later at the Curve.

Back in Illinois. --RoadDog


UNIVERSAL TRUTH: As a driver, I hate pedestrians, and, as a pedestrian, I hate drivers.

No comments: