Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, September 19, 2011

School Daze-- Part 1

School is back in session (and for many in session for about a month now), but not for me as I start my sixth year of retirement.

Bob Stroud had his annual Rock and Roll High School Show, which included one of Liz and my favorite school songs and one of two we played at our retirement party (the other was "School's Out" by Alice Cooper, as in "Forever!" That is the name of our boat. My quotes.

The songs:

WLCOME BACK-- JOHN SEBASTION-- From one of my favorite 70s shows. Whatever happened to Gabe Kaplan or his hot wife? Shut up Horshack!!
SCHOOL IS IN-- GARY "US" BONDS-- What is has to be before it can be out.

CARIANNE-- HOLLIES
MY OLD SCHOOL-- STEELY DAN--

TO SIR WITH LOVE-- LULU-- What an actor that Sidney Poitier was.
ME AND JULIO DOWN BY THE OLD SCHOOL YARD-- PAUL SIMON-- Now, they'd be selling bad stuff.

STUDENT DEMONSTRATION TIME-- BEACH BOYS-- Where does Bob dig up these rare Beach Boys tracks.
TEACHER-- JETHRO TULL-- Probably my favorite song by Ian and company.

GETTIN' BETTER-- BEATLES-- The old school day got progressively better as 3:00 approached.
GIRL'S SCHOOL-- PAIL McCARTNEY & WINGS-- Wonder why he sang about this?

And, I Was in School for 49 Years. --RoadDog


UNIVERSAL TRUTH: There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you're going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far. Didn't the teacher tell you to quit leaning back in that chair? Or, was it Mom?

No comments: