Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

"The Help"

I saw this movie on Thursday. It was every bit as good as I'd heard. If it doesn't win the Academy Award for Best Movie I'd be very surprised.

No special effects, no 3D, no aiming for the kids. Just a great movie.

And, mind you, I am a Southerner and grew up in the South from 1951 to 1960. There were maids in many homes, and we even had one while Mom was going back to college and Dad was away at his job in another state.

This movie puts Southerners in a poor light.

But, that was just the way it was. No one thought much about it. Thankfully it is no longer like that.

I know many blacks do not like the Confederacy because of its fighting to keep slavery, but the system put in place to keep blacks down after the war and into the 1960s seems to me to be even worse.

If you haven't seen it, do so. You'll laugh at parts and might even shed a tear at others.

Sure gives a whole new meaning to pie.

It's S-o-o-o Good. --RoadDog


UNIVERSAL TRUTH: Is it me, but are college students getting younger and younger? Probably because I'm getting older and older.

No comments: