Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Where Were You September 4, 1971?-- Part 3

Back on September 4, 1971, I was starting my junior year at the University of Georgia in Athens. I had just transferred there from NIU. I was at a dormitory near the stadium, but can't remember the name.

I was kind of the oddball on campus as my hair was still short from my stay at Quantico, Virginia, while in the USMC. Mom and Dad came for a visit a few weeks ago and asked where I was to one of the residents. He though for a moment and said, "Oh, you mean the guy with the short hair."

I was driving the infamous, one quart of oil to 100 miles, Ramblin' Wreck, the 1963 puke green Rambler station wagon Mom and Dad had bought me.

Happy Hippy Days.

All comments my own as I was unable to listen to it because of a glitch of some sort. Bob Stroud did replay the show this past Sunday, but we were on the Route 66 Missouri Motor Tour.

Songs from Hour Two


BANGLADESH-- GEORGE HARRISON-- I wasn't happy that the Beatles broke up, but at least now we're getting four different sources of "Beatles" music.
DEEP BLUE-- GEORGE HARRISON-- Never heard of this one.

I JUST WANT TO CELEBRATE-- RARE EARTH-- How many times can you say "I Just Want to Celebrate" in one song?
STAGGER-LEE-- TOMMY ROE-- The old "Sheila" man still recording in '71? Didn't know.

WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN-- WHO
MARIANNE-- STEPHEN STILLS-- Taking a solo break fron CSN or CSNY.

RIDERS ON THE STORM-- DOORS
SWEET HITCH-HIKER-- CCR-- The last big hit for the guys. How sad.

RESURRECTION SHUFFLE-- ASHTON, GARDNER & DIKE-- Like Bob says, this is one great little-known delight.
HOW CAN YOU MEND A BROKEN HEART-- BEE GEES-- As syrupy as one of those Smiley Faces.

THE STORY IN YOUR EYES-- MOODY BLUES--

OK, so I see that I already did these songs. Oops. Too much 66 in the head.

One More Hour to Go. --RoadDog

No comments: