Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, October 14, 2011

What Disc Jockeys Fear the Most

Today on WXRT's Lin's Bin, dj (now standing for download jockey) Lin Brehmer, answered a listener's letter concerning what disc jockeys fear the most. His answer?

Five seconds of dead air space in the radio station. The other djs at the station agreed with him. Terri Hemmert had an interesting story and nightmare story.

In the old days, dead air might be caused by miscuing a record, or one that ended too abruptly. Terri mentioned that she dreamed of leaving the booth and having a song end before she could get back.

When I was deejaying, that was a fear as well. I especially had problems getting songs up because I used cassette tapes. I would talk to cover up goofs. many, many times, I got the next song up just as the song I was playing ended. I have to admit that I was pretty good at covering goofs. Plus, at a bar, people aren't listening that closely anyway.

Oops. --RoadDog

No comments: