Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Indy 500: Day One: May 24th

My 62nd birthday and too busy in morning packing and watering plants to do much about it.

Liz drove me over to Sue and Paul's and we hit the road in their RV.  Picked up Paul's brother John at an I-80 truck weigh station (closed) and drove over to I-65.  Stopped at the Meijer's in Merrilville for gas and stuff we forgot.

Gas was $3.86 there ($4 back in Round Lake).  Gas at Speedway, Indiana, on the outskirts of Indianapolis was $3.60.  Like I say, the farther from Chicago you get, the cheaper the gas.

Drove to the race course and to our parking spot in a field just to the west of it (behind the Speedway American Legion).  Set up "camp" as much as you can do in an RV and then had celebratory drinks.  We had arrived: me for my second trip, John for his eighth and Sue and Paul for their 13th.

That evening, I went over to the Legion and enjoyed their band, the Cowboy Cassanovas.

Gentlemen and....  --RoadDog


TOO PUNNY:  The midget fortune-teller who escaped from prison was............ A small medium at large.  (Really sorry about that one, folks.)



No comments: