Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Doors Singles

From Joel Whitburn's Top Pop Singles 1955-1993.

Sad to hear of Doors' keyboardist Ray Manzurek's death yesterday.  Besides Jim Morrison, the most recognizable member of the Doors, one of my favorite groups from back in my high school and college days.

Their biggest singles were from 1967 to 1971.  Top rank shown:

#1-- Light My Fire
#12--  People Are Strange
#25--  Love Me Two Times
#39--  The Unknown Soldier
#1--  Hello I Love You (This song will always remind me of  driving to Honey Hill in Wauconda, Illinois, with the Palatine Burger King night crew for a fun day out in the sun and water.)
#3--  Touch me
#44 -- Wishful Sinful
#57--  Tell All the People  (This song and the next one always remind me of Lincoln Dorm at NIU.)
#64--  Runnin' Blue "Poor Otis dead and gone..."
#50--  Roadhouse Blues  (What did Jim do first thing when he got up?)
#11--  Love Her Madly
#14--  Riders On the Storm

Some Great Memories.  --RoadDog


TOO PUNNY:  Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway.  One hat said to the other, "You stay here, I'll go on a head."

No comments: