Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

JSS: Conversation With a Robin-- Cut the Grass-- Movies

JSS--  Just Some Stuff (Life Around Here)


1.  CONVERSATION WITH A ROBIN (BOTHERING A SQUIRREL)--  This morning, while sitting out on the front porch eating my honeydew melon, I had a discussion with a robin actively pursuing some of my worms out in the yard.  I told him to leave them alone as they are good for my dirt.  He (or she) didn't listen a bit.

Then, I bothered a squirrel running through the yard making "schticking" noises.  He treed himself for awhile, then took off for another tree.  I love to bother squirrels.

And, speaking of robins, Mama Robin is still sitting on the nest on top of our deck light.  We're hoping to see some mouths in the nest soon; kind of expectant parents of sorts. 


2.  CUT THE GRASS--  Finally got a break from all the rain and actually had a sunny day yesterday, so was able to cut the grass which was really high and no easy task (I had last cut it May 20th and you don't want to get behind on cutting inthe spring). 

I was worrying about cutting the grass as forecasts called for rain all the way through Monday.  I don't know what I would have done had it gone that long.


3.  MOVIES--  I like all sorts of movies.  Case in point, the movies I have seen the last two days:  "Hangover 3" and "Epic."  I really enjoyed both and they were definitely of different genre.  I couldn't believe that a dad brought his 8-9-year-old daughter to "Hangover."  These new animated films are something else.

Just Some Stuff.  --RoadDog


TOO PUNNY:  The soldier who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.





No comments: