Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Every Bloomin' THing: Early May

Early May is a particularly pretty time around here in Northeast Illinois.

The yard's a-blazing.  My three Bradford pear trees are brilliant white right now, plus the weeping cherry is pink.  All daffodils, tulips and hyacinths are in bloom (and, I have lots of them).

My yellow perennials (not sure what they are) and creeping phlox are just starting to bloom.

And, I have a bumper crop of dandelions.

The grass is starting to fill in where I lost it during last summer's drought, especially over the septic field.

A pair of robins are hard at work on a nest by the deck door and the squirrels and chipmunks are moving about the yard.

I've been busy trimming, thinning out and removing last year's dead growth and burning stuff in the burn pile.  I've cut the grass twice so far.

A Good Time of the Year.  --RoadDog


TOO PUNNY:  A rubber-band pistol was confiscated from an algebra class, because it was a weapon of math disruption.

No comments: