Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, March 9, 2019

I'd Celebrate That!!! March 9-10: Bang-Clang Day Today


**  I'd celebrate that!!

MARCH 9

BANG-CLANG DAY--  **  The anniversary of the battle between the USS Monitor and CSS Virginia, the first battle between ironclads.  And, with me being such a big Civil War buff, you know I'd celebrate this one.

BARBIE DAY--  **  On this date, Barbie made her debut in 1959.  Though I never had one.

NATIONAL CRABMEAT DAY--  **  I loves my crab meat.  With cocktail sauce, of course.

NATIONAL MEATBALL DAY--  **  The bigger and juicier, the better.

GET OVER IT DAY--  **  Half way between Valentine's Day and April Fools' Day.  A good day to put past indignities behind you and move ahead.


MARCH 10

GENEALOGY DAY  (celebrated the first Saturday of March) --  **  Always good to know where you come from.

INTERNATIONAL BAGPIPE DAY--  **  I love the sound of bagpipes.  And, look forward to hearing some  in the near future for you-know-what day.

INTERNATIONAL FANNY PACK DAY--  Never had one, never wore one.  Too embarrassing.

SALVATION ARMY DAY--  **  One of the great organizations of the world.

LANDLINE TELEPHONE DAY--  **  We still have one.  I haven't yet figured out how to use it completely.  What chance do I have with one of those "Idge" phones?

--RoadDog

No comments: