Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, March 29, 2019

Thank A Vietnam Vet Today, It's National Vietnam War Veterans Day Today


It was a war that I never thought would get over.  It started when I was in junior high, went all the way through high school and all the way through college.  I thought it would still be going on today.  There just was no end in sight as we continued the buildup for all those years from 1963 to 1973.

It was my war as I came really close to having to go.  I gad a draft lottery number of 22 and was graduating from college in May 1973, but the last fighting troops were pulled out March 29, 1973.  So, I was that close.

Not that I was against the war, just it is my belief that if you go to war, you fight to win it as soon as possible and you do whatever you have to do to accomplish those goals, no matter how mad they are.

I have written about my experiences with the Vietnam War in past blog entries.  Click on My Vietnam War Experience in the labels below to see what I have written.

A Hard and Long War.

No comments: