Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, March 30, 2019

JSS: Good Ol' NIU and Sox-- Spring Left Real Quick-- Fighting the Squirrel and Chipmunk War


JSS--  Just Some Stuff

1.  GOOD OL' NIU AND SOX--  A little while ago I was in Jewel when a guy looked at me, noticing my White Sox hat and NIU sweatshirt and called out, "Go You White Sox" and then "NIU."

Turns out he went to NIU, Northern Illinois University, entering in 1969 and graduating in 1973, the same years I went there (except for junior year when I was at UGA).  We probably passed each other at some point.  He went into business and was a member of the SAE fraternity.  I was Delta Sigma Phi.  He also really liked the 1967 White Sox, my all-time favorite Sox team/

2.  SPRING LEFT REAL QUICK--  As sunny and nice (50s) as the last two days were, the weather is sure making up for it today.  Overcast and bone-chilling windy 30s.  Oh well, we had two great days.

3.  FIGHTING THE SQUIRREL AND CHIPMUNK WARS--  Spent much time this morning fighting the squirrels and chipmunks over the bird seed.  But, at least at this time I think I gave something rigged up to stop them.  Several unsuccessful attempts have been made.

Take That You Bushy-Tailed Rats!!  --RoadDog

TOP TEN TRIVIA:  Bananas are curved because they grow toward the sun.



No comments: