Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, March 22, 2019

It's That Tournament Time Again, I'm Talking 'Bout "March Madness"


Spent a lot of time yesterday watching the NCAA March Madness games.  As I've said before, I regard this as the best sporting event anywhere.  There are so many upsets, so many close games, so many who-are-theys.  Had to look up Belmont and Northeastern.

Yesterday, of the sixteen games played, I count two  upsets and a whole bunch of near upsets.  Six of them in fact.

In the first round, I always pull for the underdogs or little guys.  Even if they are playing a favorite of mine like Michigan State, Kansas or North Carolina.  Even if they end up getting blown out while doing that horrible intentional fouling at the end.  If the game is close, or the little guy is winning much of the game, I like it.

It is now so much better now that we can watch every game on the four different channels.  I used to hate it when Duke would be blowing someone out by fifty points and there was a close game going on elsewhere and we had to watch the boring Duke game.  Now, I can flip over to the "fun" games.

And speaking of Duke, which used to be my second favorite "Big Guy" team (behind UNC), I no longer support this team because they gave joined Kentucky as a one-and-doner team.  That cheapens college basketball.  I am so ashamed of Coach K going this route.

Doesn't Matter Who Finally Wins It As Long As It Is Not Duke or Kentucky.  --RoadDog

NOT THAT BASEBALL PLAYERS ARE GETTING PAID TOO MUCH, BUT:  With Mike Trout's new contract, he is getting paid $222,222 a game.  Good work if you can get it.



No comments: