Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Has It Already Been Two Years?

Today, around noon, I will be joining the staff from Round Lake Middle School for their annual last-day-of-school get-together at Docker's in Fox Lake, Illinois. We will be sitting out on the deck overlooking Pistakee Lake.

Actually, I re-tarred on May 26, 2006, but didn't really start counting it until they had to go back in August. So, I'm two days into my third year.

What makes this special is that this marks my second year of retirement. Getting paid for not working, now there's the ticket.

My only question is, "Where did the time go?" It certainly does not feel like I've been out of school for two years. And I thought those last years of work went fast, but NOTHING like this.

Plus, what about all those things I planned on doing? How come I haven't gotten around to most of them? I thought I'd have plenty of time to do stuff, so how come I haven't?

Inquiring Minds Want to Know. --RoadDog

No comments: