Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Hilarious Robin

This morning, I looked out the back window onto the deck and saw one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Last summer, I used some twine to tie up some tall flowers and left the twine. One end had come loose and this robin was doing everything it could do get it.

At times it would take the end in its beak and take off, only to be jerked down at the end of the twine. Then it would hop on the deck from one side to another and at times just put some real exertion into pulling it.

Too bad I didn't think about getting the camcorder out as this would have been great for America's Funniest Videos or Animal Planet. My excuse is that I was laughing too hard. Who knows, maybe I could have won some money so I could afford some GAS!!!

When a robin is that intent on getting material like that, you can bet that it is building a nest. I looked above the deck lights, two really favorite nesting spots, but nothing there. I did find it on the upper shelf of the deck bar.

That Was One FUNNY Bird. --RoadDog

No comments: