Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, May 2, 2008

JSS-- NTN Winner-- Smell of Spring-- Attack of the Dandelions

JSS-- Just Some Stuff.

1. NTN WINNER-- Yesterday, I won the NTN contest at Donovan's and am $50 richer for it. Over the past 4 Thursdays we had preliminary competition. The winner of each single elimination round met yesterday for the championship. Fortunately, the walking encyclopedia, Big Bob, was not able to make it. He most likely would have won had he been there. NTN is a trivia game broadcast over the airwaves.

I'm good, but guess a lot. He just knows most of the stuff.

2. SMELL OF SPRING-- Is there anything that says spring more than the smell of a hyacinth or daffodil? I have been cutting some down and putting them in a vase in the kitchen. Every time I walk by, I stop for a whiff. Mighty fine.

However, today, I had a surprise in store for me. After my first morning sniff, a spider fell out of the hyacinth. Sure glad I didn't inhale that lil' varmint.

3. ATTACK OF THE DANDELIONS-- As usual, along with the bulbs comes the dandelions. And, I have a bumper crop this year, one of the few in the neighborhood as most heavily fertilize and weed kill. I usually only fertilize once a year and with weed and feed. I did it this past Tuesday, but no results yet.

Just Some Stuff. --RoadDog

No comments: