Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, May 9, 2008

My Dumb Move

I must be wealthy as several months ago I was going through some papers on my desk and found a check from the school district dated December 2005 that I HAD NOT CASHED!!!

Now, that is majorly stupid. I was almost too embarrassed to go to the district office to ask what could be done about it. Why, they might even refuse to honor it, and that would have been their right, especially since I don't know many people at the office anymore.

Well, yesterday I went there and was very happy to find that they would cut me a new one. That is $1300 that I thought I might just have lost.

That comes in handy as the dear old Federal government hit me up for another $6000 and the property taxes for last year are a cool $8000. I'm being taxed to pieces and I thought that wouldn't be a problem after retirement.

My Word to You is to Check Out That Desk. --RoadDog

No comments: