Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Been Working on Dem Retaining Walls

This past week, I began working on a series of retaining walls along the house's west side. And this in spite of some mighty chilly weather, hard winds and rain.

Over the years, the rocks I originally put up in 1993 have slid down or become dislodged and, in general, the whole planting area had become overgrown.

I spent a lot of time cutting down plants and dead flowers as well as trimming bushes. I then used a lot of my extra Windsor stones to build the main wall. These concrete stones are excellent for building projects, especially walls as they can be moved to configure lots of different possibilities.

I now have six different walls up in that area and will put up another one in a day or so.

I've also bought about 50 more stones for the effort. Menard's must be happy though as I've been back in their supply area twice in the last few days. They claim that you always "Save Big Money at Menard's." I say I always "Spend Big Money at Menard's." So far to the tune of $70.

Building Walls for the Yard, and my Hands Show It. --RoadDog

No comments: