Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

JSS-- $4 Gas Arrives-- Circuit City/Camcorder-- Many Stores-- Indiana Jones

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. $4 GAS ARRIVES-- I knew it was just a matter of time before Big Oil's greed hit out here. Yesterday, I saw gas at the Mobil station in Johnsburg was at $3.99.9That translates to $4!!!! This is the first station I've seen out here with regular at the "magic" FOUR DOLLAR MARK!!! Other places were at $3.82 in Fox Lake to $3.93.
"Great Horny Toads", I'm Getting angry about all this greed. I just might have to unleash the "Great Horny Toad" in regards to this.


2. CIRCUIT CITY/CAMCORDER-- Yesterday I got an e-mail saying that Circuit City was getting close to bankruptcy so decided this would be a good time to bring my VHS-C camcorder in to get some work done on it. I got the extended warranty as I always have problems with the mode selector getting loose and this time, it just fell off.

They will mail it in, but aren't sure it will be honored as the piece broke off and it was not an internal problem. They'd best honor it. The mode selector problem was the REASON I purchased the plan anyway. I normally don't buy the extended warranty.

I REALIZE that a VHS-C Camcorder is not exactly techmologically cutting-edge, BUT, I KNOE how to OPERATE it!!!


3. MANY STORES-- Because of Big Oil's greed, I multi-stop whenever out and about. Since I was already at the Circuit City on Il-31 north of McHenry, I checked out the nurseries at Meijer's and Home Depot, and went to Target. Bought the new Dierks Bentley Greatest Hits CD at Best Buy for $9.99 and the new Toby Keith Greatest Hits double CD at Circuit City for $11.99. The savings on these pretty well offset the gas money I spent driving over to McHenry. Stopped on the way home at Hello Folks and played NTN with Bill, Jeff, and Sherry. We had a #18 and #5 with Yadhey at #17.


4. INDIANA JONES-- Looking forward to the new Indiana Jones movie coming out soon. Today, USA is running all three of the previous Jones movies back-to-back. I will definitely be doing some recording to watch them. I like it when a network runs all of a series like this, especially when I haven't seen them for a long time.

I enjoyed AMC running all five of the Planet of the Apes movies and Spike has been showing all the Star Wars ones. It is amazing how much I forgot.

Just Some Stuff Before I Go. --RoadDog

No comments: