Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

JSS-- Mallard Nest-- Finished Retaining Walls-- Boat to Marina-- GAS GOUGE-- Won at NTN-- Top Songs Today in 1967

JSS-- Just Some Stuff.


1. MALLARD NEST-- A mama mallard scared me a bit this morning while I was working out in the yard. She quacked and moved off her nest by the air conditioner. This is the second year I've had a mallard nest in the yard. I don't know exactly why they pick the house to have their babies as we're not near any water. How do the get the little peepers to water?


2. FINISHED RETAINING WALLS-- Tuesday, I finished the retaining walls along the west side of the house. I figured I'd be finished a week and a half ago, but one wall leads to another. There are about 80 landscaping stones on about ten different levels. Now, I am transplanting perennials over to the area.


3. BOAT TO MARINA-- Tuesday, Liz cleaned up the inside of the boat and I polished the hull. Yesterday, I took it to the marina over by Antioch to have it prepared for BOATING we will go. Hopefully, we'll be on the water by next week.


4. GAS GOUGE-- continues. We're getting poorer and poorer while Big Oil gets richer and richer. Gas in Antioch was $3.97 to $4. Wisconsin was $3.97 and Fox Lake anywhere between $3.92 and $4. They're destroying this country to get richer.

In keeping with my efforts to cut down on gas consumption, I drooped the boat off, checked out a nursery over the border in Wisconsin, checked out a new NTN site in Antioch, and played NTN at Hello Folks in Fox Lake.


5. WON AT NTN-- As I said, I stopped at a new place, VIP's, in Antioch to play NTN. They've had it about a month and the owner is hoping it catches on. Nice place, and on Wednesdays they have 50 cent wings, $2 domestic bottles, and $4 pitchers. These are prices I can live with.

Drove to Fox Lake and took part in the NTN tournament. There was a play-in round since we had ten players. Happy to report that I won for the day and will go to the final four competition in June.


6. TOP SONGS MAY 15, 1967

The Happening-- Supremes
Sweet Soul Music-- Arthur Conley
Groovin'-- Young Rascals
Sam's Place-- Buck Owens

Just Some Stuff. --RoadDog

No comments: