Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's Them, Not Me: On the Docket-- Alas, CDs, I Knew Them Well-- Obama Celebration-- Want a Space Shuttle?

1. ON THE DOCKET-- On the agenda at Springfield, Illinois' state capitol is whether or not to impeach our governor and what to do with the US Senate seat vacated by Obama. Do you think the gov is innocent? He thinks he is. I also figured that senate seat had been empty ever since Obama was elected to it. He was campaigning for president the whole time.


2. ALAS, CDS, I KNEW THEM WELL-- Digital sales have surpassed CD sales at Atlantic. I imagine they will soon exceed CD sales everywhere. First they took away my albums, then cassettes, now this. Give me a break, guys.


3. OBAMA CELEBRATION-- Well, that big to-do in Chicago's Grant Park back on Nov. 4th ended up costing the city $1.74 million. Good publicity and good times for the estimated 240,000 who attended, but, WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR IT? Please Mayor Daley, NO MORE TAXES!!

4. WANT A SPACE SHUTTLE?-- The Space Shuttle Endeavor got a piggyback ride from California to the Kennedy Space Center at Cape Canaveral, Florida, on its modified 747. All the shuttles will be retired in a few years and NASA is looking for places to put them. It will be costly though. I think one would look good in my driveway, but imagine the neighborhood association would put a kabosh on it. They won't even let me keep my boat out there. Unpatriotic if you ask me.

Don't look Back, They May Be Gaining. --RoadDog

No comments: