Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Typical Nasty Weather-- Part 2

My fingers have finally thawed out enough to type this. I was just out in 0 degree weather with a bit of a breeze and using the ol' snow blower. Yesterday, Sunday, it was subzero and a west wind to 30 mph doing a lot of snow drifting. Early on, I decided not to risk a trip up to the Wisconsin bars like last Sunday. Those north-south roads sure get a lot of drifting.

About 3 PM, I decided to drive the Dakota over to Billy's for some gyros and Italian beef, but got stuck in the driveway. It took a lot of rocking back and forth to get back into the garage. That snow was about two feet high in spots. I couldn't tell that from inside the house. Even worse, the check engine light came on and wouldn't go out. I'll have to take it somewhere to be checked so that will cost a bit.

Today, I had to come in because of the cold and still have about half the driveway to clear. Sad to say, but the neighbors across the street didn't get any drifting yesterday. That's simply not fair. If I get it ....


We have snow forecast for tonight and even more for Tuesday. At least it will warm up to ALMOST freezing. That would be an improvement.

Going to Someplace "Hot." --RoadDog

No comments: