Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Typical Nasty Weather-- Part 4

Most of that snow is now gone. It's amazing what 50 degrees and rain will do to twenty-plus inches of white stuff.

Then, yesterday, we had veritable downpours and drizzle off and on most of the day. I did take advantage of one break to cut my shaggy hair on the deck. Liz gets a bit perturbed if I do it in the house.

I also was able to fix some Christmas decorations outside that had fallen. Before, there was too much snow to get at it. I was also finally able to get a beer bottle frozen at the bottom of a cooler int he garage extricated from the ice as well.

But, then the winds came, and howl they did. Most of last night, but no damage that I know of. Temps below freezing today.

Bob Stroud opened his Rock and Roll Roots show today with "I Am a Rock" by Simon & Garfunkel, you know, "In a deep and dark December." The next song was Cleveland, Ohio's, Choir, singing "It's Cold Outside" which was recorded here in Chicago in 1967.His Salute today was to ELO as Jeff Lynne turns 61 this week. Also, lead vocalist of the Guess Who, Burton Cummings turns 61. Del Shannon would have been 69.

One Rough and Weird Winter So Far, AND, We Haven't Even Got to the Brunt of It Yet!!-- RoadDog

No comments: