Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Santa Been Good to Me

Mighty, mighty good. And I didn't think I was all that good.

ROAD-RELATED STUFF

GPS-- as in Tom Tom. Actually for Liz from Mom, but I'll sneak it out as well. It will be especially helpful when looking for NTN sites while on the road.

WILBER'S SIGN AND BUILDING-- Mom got me a watercolor original of my favorite 'cue place in Goldsboro, North Carolina. This is by well-known NC artist Brenda Behrs who happens to live next door to Mom. I had Wilber Shirley sign a business card which I will put on the front of it.

BLUE SWALLOW MOTEL, TUCUMCARI, NEW MEXICO, PICTURE-- Liz had this framed for me. This is one of the best-known motels along old Route 66. We were fortunate to get to spend a night back in the fifties. The new owners spent many hours and days out in front until they got just the right sunset. They certainly did. Between the motel's neon and the sky, this is awe-inspiring.

KEN TURMEL'S ROUTE 66 POSTMARKS PRINT-- Roadie Ken Turmel took a ride along the Mother Road after he was bitten by the bug and stopped at every town along the way that had a post office and had them postmark a map of the route. I won this one at the Munger-Moss anniversary celebration several years back, but had never had it framed. Thanks Liz.


OTHER STUFF

I had mentioned to Liz that I liked John T. McCutcheon's 1907 "Injun Summer" cartoon. She ordered a print from the Chicago Tribune and had it framed as well. Thinking of putting it up by Terry Redlin's "Aroma of Fall" print in the living room.

Four ten brick packs of cassette tapes (Yup, I still use 'em), a huge NIU floor mat, a Chicago Bears sweatshirt with "Roaddog " on the back, and a Topsail Beach sweatshirt.

Thanks Santee Clause. --RoadDog

No comments: