Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, April 27, 2009

A First for NIU

I was at the BW3 (Buffalo Wild Wings) in Lebanon, Ohio, Saturday, playing NTN and watching the NFL draft first round selections, when I thought I caught the name Northern Illinois passing along the bottom of the screen.

Why would my school's name be passing by in conjunction with a name in the first round? That has certainly never happened before. I asked the guy next to me who was writing down the picks if he knew.

He did, and the San Diego Chargers took Larry English with the 17th PICK!!! First, they took Turner "The Burner" a few years ago, now English in the first round.

Congratulations to Larry English!!! Let's hope for a great year.

A Real Plum for NIU. --RoadDog

No comments: