Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Five Days on the Road

I got back last night after another drive in the enjoyable rain, from the Indiana/Illinois line to Joliet and from Elgin to home. It rained the whole trip from Litchfield to home last Sunday, April 19th. I just really LOVES to drive in the rain. Oh, JOY BOUNDLESS!!!

I left home Thursday, April 23rd and took my usual Chicago by-pass, Il-47 to Dwight, Illinois. Then, I drove Il-116 from Saunemin to the state line. In Indiana, I took US-41/US-52 (Yes, that 52 again. We took it earlier in the month from Charleston, SC, to Mount Airy, NC, and then from Huntington, West Virginia to Cincinnati, Ohio.)

I took it to Lafayette and Lebanon, Indiana, and played NTN at a place in each. Then, went to Indianapolis and played at five NTN sites, three of them new. A big one was the 86th Street Pub, which is very often at the top of the top twenty charts.

Spent the night at the Motel 6 and found out the next day that this was in a very dicey area of Speedway. No problems though, and the $36 was a deal.

Friday Coming Up. --RoadDog

No comments: