Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Top Songs This Date

Thinking back on music of years past and today.

These are the #1 songs for April 5th through the years according to Billboard, my final authority for all things music.

I'll do all the 60s and 70s as these years were pretty important to me.

TODAY-- LADY GA GA-- Poker Face (not familiar with it)
1999-- No Scrubs-- TLC
1989-- The Look-- Roxette
1979-- Tragedy-- Bee Gees (Come on, let's all sing real high!)
1978-- Night Fever-- Bee Gees (Come on, Johnny Boy)
1977-- Dancing Queen-- Abba
1976-- Disco Lady-- Johnnie Taylor
1975-- Philadelphia Freedom-- Elton John
1974-- Hooked on a Feeling-- Blue Swede (I don't know about you, but I always have to "Ooga Chaka" three of four times on this one.)
1973-- The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia-- Vicki Lawrence (carol's younger twin)
1972-- Horse With No Name-- America(a definitive college song for me)
1971-- Just My Imagination-- Temptations
1970-- Let It Be-- Beatles (sure got tired of this one. TOO S-L-O-W.)
1969-- Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In-- Fifth Dimension

Bringing Back the Memories. --RoadDog

No comments: