Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

It's a Lost Cause-- The Robins Are Going to Beat Me Again

Currently I am involved in the annual battle with the robins to try to convince them to build a nest somewhere else other than on the lamp by the sliding door from the sun room to the deck.

i have a pair actively building a nest right now. Even though I have walked up to the window and door and jumped at them, that just makes them flutter away and come back a short time later.

The nest is about a quarter built and I have chased them away with lots of twigs in their beaks.

I actually don't mind if they build there, but the problem is the hassle every time I walk out the door or onto the deck. If they could only realize I mean them or their babies no harm we wouldn't have a problem. But every time I'm around, its fluttering all over and lots of fussing.

Looks like something else I'm just going to have to live with.

Perhaps These Are Some of the Baby Robins That Hatched Last Summer. --RoadDog

No comments: