Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Where Were You March 28, 1967?-- Part 1

Well, I missed Bob Stroud's Time Warp again, but have an excuse. I was driving on US-70 and I-40 in North Carolina at the time, a bit far for the Drive's signal.

That date, I was a sophomore at Palatine High School in Palatine, Illinois. This was the longest we had lived in one place since I was in 3rd grade in Raleigh, Noth Carolina where I been since 1st grade.

In 4th grade we had lived in Jacksonville, Florida, and Greenville, North Carolina. Fifth grade was still Greenville. Sixth grade we had moved to Rolling Meadows, Illinois and then we had lived in Palatine since then.

Since I would be turning 16 in a couple months, it was time to start thinking about getting a job.

here are the songs that were playing on WLS and WCFL in Chicago back then. I, of course, did not hear Stroud's comments, so all you see are mine.


I'M A MAN-- SPENCER DAVIS GROUP-- How do you get better Garage Rock than this. Little Steven would be so proud.
BEGGIN'-- FOUR SEASONS-- the Original Jersey Boys

THE 59TH STREET BRIDGE SONG (FEELING GROOVY)-- HARPER'S BIZARRE-- Originally done by Simon & Garfunkel.
AT THE ZOO-- SIMON & GARFUNKEL-- I know why Bob followed the above song with them. My second favorite S&G song.

LAWDY MISS CLAWDY-- BUCKINGHAMS-- Chicago's own, or had they defected to LA by then?
SOCK IT TO ME-- MITCH RYDER & THE DETROIT WHEELS-- More great Garage Rock. And you though Detroit was all Motown.

What to Do, What to Do For a First Job. --RoadDog

No comments: